Ford Issues Regional Safety Recall for Certain 2012-16 Model Year Ford & Lincoln Vehicles To Replace Side Door Latches
Ford Motor Company is issuing a regional safety recall in North America for approximately 830,000 2013-15 Ford C-MAX, 2013-15 Ford Escape, 2012-15 Ford Focus, 2015 Ford Mustang and Lincoln MKC, and 2014-16 Ford Transit Connect vehicles sold or ever registered in certain states to replace side door latches.
In the affected vehicles, the pawl spring tab in the side door latch could break. This condition typically will prevent the door from latching. In certain situations where the door is able to be closed, the door may unlatch while driving, increasing the risk of injury.
Because the rate of reports is higher for vehicles in states with higher ambient temperatures and solar loading, this recall is focused primarily in Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico, Nevada, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah, Oregon and Washington.
Ford has identified one reported accident and one reported injury that may be related to this issue.
Affected vehicles include those built:
- 2013-15 C-MAX – Michigan Assembly Plant, April 19, 2012 to Jan. 31, 2015
- 2013-15 Escape – Louisville Assembly Plant, Oct. 19, 2011 to Jan. 31, 2015
- 2012-15 Focus – Michigan Assembly Plant, Aug. 1, 2010 to Jan. 31, 2015
- 2015 Lincoln MKC – Louisville Assembly Plant, Dec. 4, 2013 to Jan. 31, 2015
- 2015 Mustang – Flat Rock Assembly Plant, May 28, 2014 to April 30, 2015
- 2014-16 Transit Connect – Valencia Assembly Plant, Aug. 9, 2013 to Feb. 1, 2016
The approximately 828,053 vehicles affected include 766,682 in the United States and federalized territories and 61,371 in Mexico.
Dealers will replace side door latches at no cost to the customer. In addition, Ford will launch a corresponding customer satisfaction program for vehicles outside the scope of this recall. If a vehicle exhibits a broken door latch, Ford will provide a one-time replacement at no charge for the life of the vehicle.
0 comment(s) so far on Ford Issues Regional Safety Recall for Certain 2012-16 Model Year Ford & Lincoln Vehicles To Replace Side Door Latches